Wednesday, May 14, 2014

hair....

African American hair care is a world all of its own. It takes hours and hours but then lasts for ages.  I am finally at a place where I have time. Plus I have a friend who enjoys the intricate and time consuming aspects of the detailed hairstyles! 


Miss Fathy is working on dreadlocs. Hair is not fun for her. There are always lots of tears. Lots and lots! However the beginnings of dreads are messy and unpleasant. So I braided in some extensions. For the first time ever this girlie has long hair. She is so delighted! 


Mrs. R looked at a picture on Pinterest and with my instructions on how to do cornrows, she pulled together this style. We had a rocky start but the final results were pretty amazing! 


I love this style, it fits her tomboy personality. 


I think this style took about 4-5 hours... not including the combing and washing prep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment