Thursday, April 17, 2014

TBT April 2008

Check out Part 1 and Part 2

I said Good by to my soul mate, my best friend and my lover on that beautiful April day.
One year later... I  traveled to Montana, Ohio, Indiana and North Carolina in that year. I  cried buckets of tears, prayed and experienced the reality of God's promises. I slowly started the grieving journey.

I  also started a new journey... the new reality, new dreams, new goals.

This is  story of God's grace, God's calling and  my obedience. God and I had become close friends. I relied on Him for every decision, every breath, and  even the ability to get out of bed in the morning.

He whispered in my heart. A cry for the orphan. for the lonely. for the broken. for the unwanted.

I stepped out in obedience. I needed a passion, something to live for.

April 10, 2008, I became a mother for the very first time, a "love mom", one who loves and nurtures temporarily. God had put the call of foster care on my heart.


This has been a blessing, a gift, a challenge and a journey that has drawn me closer to God. I considered it a privilege to be asked by God to be a mother to many different kiddoes that first summer.

But each loss, as each child moved on, was like ripping a bandage off the wound of loss.. But each one was a step in my journey.


6 months after becoming a "mom", God presented me with a special gift. A gift for my obedience.

Check back next Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment