Thursday, April 3, 2014

TBT April 2005



We were young, innocent and life looked great...
What I didn't realize was just how drastically my life would change. April 9 2005, I married my best friend. He was my everything, my world. We were young and in  love.

I had spend the past 7 months, planning a wedding from the chemo room and hospital rooms.

We were excited. This was a new beginning. Surgery was over, the cancer was gone, we were getting married!

We had a blissful wedding day. Perfect in every way.

We had an amazing honeymoon in Hawaii. Romantic, sweet, everything a girl could dream of.

We came crashing back to reality, 3 days after our honeymoon we did another round of chemo. We were still optimistic.

We settled into our little house in the woods. We both worked fulltime. We traveled as we wanted..

And then one fateful day, I still remember that awful day...
Continued next Thursday!



8Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. 9And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. 10Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

1 comment: